Airport Extreme is one of the most popular devices which is a residential gateway and works as a router, switch, and access point. When the device is getting various applauds because of its unique feature but sometimes users might encounter with issues such as Apple Airport blinking yellow light. There are several factors that might lead to such issue. However, users can smoothly troubleshoot it by following simple steps.
Read on the guide and know about the steps to troubleshoot the issue of Apple Airport blinking yellow light.
Causes for Airport Blinking Yellow Light
Before starting with troubleshooting the issue, let’s check out the cause of such issue:
- Your base station might not be configured yet.
- The Airport base station is reset.
- The base station is out-of-network Wi-Fi range of primary base station.
- There is issue with the internet service provider.
- Ethernet cable is connected to the Wi-Fi base station.
Steps to Resolve Airport Extreme Blinking Yellow
Now that you want to know about the steps to troubleshoot the issue of Airport Extreme blinking yellow then here’s what you need to ensure:
- Start by turning on Mac and make sure that it is connected to the Airport.
- Tap to Wi-Fi icon on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap to go and choose applications.
- After that, double-click on utilities folder under applications folder and open the Airport Utility application.
- Lastly, check the name of base station when the Utility opens up and then follow the on-screen instructions to smoothly set up the network properly.
Another way to troubleshoot the issue is by resetting the Airport device. If you are unable to troubleshoot the issue then reset the device and set it again. Here’s what you can do:
- Press reset button of the device for one second and then users can release it.
- After releasing the reset button, the status light on the device will start flashing.
- Now, open the Airport Utility and choose base station that you want to configure.
- Tap to edit, change the settings, and then choose to update option.
- After router restarts, open the Airport Utility on computer and choose to edit.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration settings and tap to done to complete the setup Airport Express.
Check out the steps mentioned above and get the information about Apple Airport base station. If you are facing any other query like Apple Airport bridge mode then check out the user manual to get the details.