WPS button is used to establish a connection between your device and router through the WPS method. It stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. The device generates an eight digits pin through which you can connect your devices. Nighthawk WPS button location is situated at the back of the router. Once you have enables the WPS from the settings, you have to simply press the button on both the devices. The devices recognize each other within the range and establish a connection. First, let’s see how to enable the WPS settings on your router.
Steps to connect devices through WPS method:
- Open a web browser in a device that is connected to the router.
- Now, type routerlogin.net in the URL section of the web browser.
- You will be directed to the login page. Enter the default login credentials in the specific boxes. The username is admin and the password is the word password. The credentials are case sensitive.
- You will then be logged into your router. Click on advance settings.
- Then, select the WPS wizard method.
- Thereafter, click on the next button.
- Then, click on the WPS button on the same page.
- Now, you have to enter the WPS pin of the device.
Once you have completed the process mentioned above, press the WPS pin on your other device and you will see the light on the router blinking, indicating that the router have detected the device within the range.
Netgear routers do fail to work sometimes. They can be broken or faulty but in most of the cases, they suffer from an internal issue which can be resolved. It is possible that IP address is experiencing some glitches or just a bad network. In any case, here are some of the ways to resolve your issue of Netgear router no internet. Let’s take a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways.
Ways to fix Netgear router not working:
- Make sure you are connected to the router Wi-Fi network. Enter the credentials properly.
- Check all the plugs and wires, there should not be any loose connections.
- Restart the router and perform the power cycle.
- Try using a wired Ethernet connection.
- Disconnect all the additional devices.
- Reset your devices connected to the rooter.
- Check for available updates. Update the firmware of the router.
You can also set the router to Netgear bridge mode Nighthawk and see if the router works. It will disable the NAT feature and enable the DCHP server without the IP address of the router.
You need Netgear Wi-Fi extender setup for a better range. So that you don’t face connectivity issues. You can plug in your extender. Connect your internet device to the extender’s Wi-Fi network. Then, open a web browser and type mywifiext.net. Select your extender log in credentials. Select the range and click on continue. But sometimes you find Nighthawk extender not connecting to internet. In that case, perform a power cycle to fix the error. Check the antennas of the extender.