If you are having any trouble with your router or the router is not able to connect to the internet. The best and most effective way to solve the issue is to reset the router. You can also perform the reset on Linksys router if you do not remember the password for logging into your router. The reset will set the router back to default settings and thereafter you can configure it. But sometimes you find, Linksys Re6300 reset button not working. The easiest way to reset the router is through the reset button. You simply long press the reset button on the router and it will be set back to default factory settings. If the reset button is not working, let’s have a look at other ways to reset the router. One of the method is to reset the router using the web interface.
Steps to reset Linksys router:
- Open a web browser of your choice and type the default IP address, 192.168.0.1 in the web browser to visit the official website of your router.
- You will be directed to the login page of the router. You can enter the default credentials here and click enter.
- The router will be now set to default settings.
- Here you will see the option of restore factory default settings. Click on that.
- The router will be set back to default factory settings.
Linksys router also offers you the option of parental control where you can restrict and control the router itself instead of configuring every internet device in your home. But sometimes you find Linksys router parental controls not working. It usually happens because of outdated firmware version of the router. Another reason can be if you use the router in the bridge mode. In order to fix the problem. You can visit the official website of Linksys router and check for updates. Then, click on router upgrade option. Click on the firmware you downloaded to install it.
If you are still facing some errors with your router and do not know the root cause, go through the Linksys troubleshooting ways to resolve them.
- The router should be placed on a smooth platform.
- Try restarting the router.
- Restart the connected devices once to see if that solves the problem.
- Contact your internet service provider about the server issues.
- All the wires and cables should be connected properly.
The following ways should help with the proper functioning of the router.